Saturday, January 29, 2011

BUTTONS!!

I LOVE buttons
One day, I could even see myself becoming a 
"Button Collector"
This worries my husband
He does not think "Button Collecting" is a very sane hobby. 
I disagree.

They are beautiful and colorful and oh so unique.
Derek really got into the buttons once we made it a competition
I'd find a button, then mix it into the group
and see how long it took him to find it again.

He was pretty good at it
So good that he wanted to keep playing

I think he found himself a good hobby.
Button Finding.

Which makes my "Button Collecting" sound much better

7 comments:

Debbi said...

I love buttons, too! I have THOUSANDS...most of them inherited from my Great Aunt. I just love to go through them all.
Your game sounds fun...wonder if my fam might think better of my button collecting if we made a game of it, lol.
*smiles*
debbi

April Showers said...

Oh my goodness...I think we're kindred spirits! I LOVE buttons too!!! My husband thinks the same...he doesn't understand the beauty and unique quality they have!! That's why I started to make jewelry out of them, so I actually put them to use.

(I commented after your comment on my page...I don't know if you saw it.)

Oh girl...we're going to become good friends! ;)

Stephanie Rose said...

I LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE buttons too!!!!!!!!

Bethany said...

Dear Cami,

I just found your blog through Tea Rose Home, and I love it! You have great tutorials, and I love how you aren't afraid to show that you love God.

God bless!
Bethany

PS. I recently fell in love with buttons too! They are adorable!

Amie {Kitty Cats and Airplanes} said...

I'm a button hoarder too! And everyone knows it so they keep giving me buttons. I love them.

Rissa @ Hazel and Honeysuckle said...

But buttons ARE beautiful! I love beads as well. I like to think of myself as a collector, but more importantly - an organiser! I find it soo therapeutic to organise the heck out of those little things XD

Oddities and Loveliness said...

I, too LOVE buttons! When I found that colossal bag of miscellaneous buttons at Michael's, I about peed in my underpants! I work retail, and I'm constantly finding buttons on the floor. Sure, I could try and find the garment that the extra button is supposed to go to, but really, who has the time? Plus, then I get to keep it!