Man, I feel like Cinderella with all of this blog housekeeping (get it? Because Cinderella had to clean all of the time? ehhhh??? Anybody.....)
Guess who got her first blog award? I'll give you a clue. She is weird, and likes to take pictures of herself. Don't know? I'll give you one more clue...her name rhymes with Whammy. Still don't know? Alright, last clue...she is....meeeeeeee.
That's right! I got my first blogging award. And what's crazy is that I got it from THREE different people (How I bamboozled three people into giving me a "stylish" blogger award I'll never know. Super weird blogger maybe...) So thank you to Debbi from Diamond Grove, Iowa Farmer's Wife, and Erin from A girl and her Craft Box!
So the rules of the game are this:
- Tell 8 random things about yourself
- Pay it forward to 8 bloggers you recently found
- Contact those bloggers to let them know about the award
Alright, tighten your seatbelts, because here are 8 things about me...
1. I have man feet. Size 11. The only cheap shoe store that regularly carries my shoe size is Payless, AND all of their shoes look like orthopedic shoes, or are high heels (come on Payless…if my feet are huge, do you honestly think I need high heels? I’m already 5’11…)
2. I ate an entire box of Milk Duds yesterday. My husband so nicely informed me that according to the nutritional facts it was ¼ of my daily calorie intake…good thing it tasted so delicious.
3. I used to be in “Improv Club” in highschool. I was one of the few token girls, but I held my own. Unfortunately, my sense of humor has only gone downhill… like a train.... full of bricks.... in Alaska.... SEE?!
4. I didn’t really get into crocheting until about 6 months ago. Up until that point I only knew how to crochet “scallops” around blankets. How did I learn? Youtube.
5. When I was in 8th grade, I made flash cards out of my mom’s old Mary Kay business cards with the names and faces of everyone in my grade. I studied them every night until I knew everyone's name by heart. I think it may have creeped people out when I knew their names... I thought it would make me popular. It didn’t.
6. My husband and I met in a Modern Dance class. He took it to impress a girl. I took it because I didn’t want to buy dance shoes.
7. During college, I spent the summers working over by Zion National Park. I took people on ATV tours, shotgun shooting, paintballing, zip-lining, rock climbing, fishing, and I even did archery. The tan line on my feet would last clear until the next summer.
8. I have a deep love and gratitude for my Savior. He has always stood in my corner during my hardest times. I will forever be grateful for his sacrifice for me.
Now to pay it forward to my blog crushes
1. Nichelle at Vintage Wanna Bee - She has such a cute blog! Love it
2. Shauna at My Mix of Six - Shauna is this amazing mom that does amazing things and makes it look easy. I hope to be like her someday!
3. Jill at Meet the Dubiens - Jill's photos are beautiful, and she has fantastic projects to do with her kids. Plus, she has a "Fun Food Friday" that'll make you wish you were a kid again!
4. Lucy at Trey and Lucy - Lucy's blog is darling! Her pictures are so fun, and she has great tutorials! I absolutely LOVE it!
5. Caitlin at Sisters in the Kitchen - The design on this blog is fabulous. AND she did it on her own!! Plus there are tons of great recipes to try out!6. Cher from Love Actually - Cher has tons of great ideas for continuing to date in your marriage. It is my go-to place for "romantic" ideas for my husband
7. Liz from Ucreate with Kids - Liz and I were friends in college and she is HILARIOUS! I love all of her great projects for kids!
8. Jenn from A Home in the Making - Jenn is in the process of transforming their home! She is a great decorator, and it is fun to see all of the things she comes up with!