Sunday, January 23, 2011

Blog Makeover!

Remember that time I said I was going to wait until I had sold at least 10 things in my Etsy shop before I would get a blog makeover?
I'm not so good at waiting

SO I DID IT MYSELF!!

This was one of those empowering moments
where I was able to do something
that I didn't think I could.

It took pretty much all day, but I can confidently say a couple things

1. I now know, and can manually change the html code that allows you to center an object
2. I understand what people mean when they say "layers" in Photoshop
3. I can create my own header using Photoshop AND install it myself
4. I know how to mess around with the blogger template, including fonts!
5. I now know how to add that little text underneath a button that allows you to "grab" it!

So sorry for all those who tried to get onto my site yesterday...it changed by the minute


Let me know what you think, and if you have any questions :)
Don't forget to "grab" my cute new button


Photobucket

9 comments:

The Iowa Farmer's Wife said...

Love the new look! I just awarded you the Stylish Blog Award! :)

Jennifer said...

I was just wishing you could share how you learned all that stuff. I don't know how to do it. :(
Love your blog!
I can do the photoshop stuff, but I don't know how to center it on a blog. Did you find a blog that helped?

Jess said...

Too cute. I've been piddling around on blogger doing the exact same thing. :)

Caitlin said...

I love it, good job! I designed all the stuff on mine too and it does take a lot of time... but you feel so accomplished afterwords! Be proud of yourself, it looks very well done!!

Amie {Kitty Cats and Airplanes} said...

Wow you did a great job! It looks fantastic, I'm very impressed.

Erin {A Girl and Her Craftbox Designs} said...

I love your new layout its super cute! Don't forget to get your award on my blog! http://agirlandhercraftbox.blogspot.com/2011/01/my-1st-blog-award.html

Erin

Caitlin said...

I did design everything on all my blogs. They were my fun project over Christmas break. I've designed 3 blogs so far:
http://caitlinjirik.blogspot.com/
http://sisters-in-the-kitchen.blogspot.com/
http://hynstgames.blogspot.com/
I can't claim too much credit because I just see something cool on another blog and then google how to do it myself. There are a lot of good tutorials out there. I started with this one:
http://www.thecutestblogontheblock.com/blog-secrets.html
Here's a tutorial on how to use customized fonts:
http://www.kevinandamanda.com/whatsnew/tutorials/how-to-use-a-cute-font-for-your-blogger-post-titles.html
Too bad we don't live next door anymore (although I think we both are much happier with the places we live now, haha). It would've been fun to get together to work on our blogs!!

Anonymous said...

The learning curve is immence! What size does the header need to be?

JulieAnne said...

Uh can you do mine now? Ugh i hate trying to figure that stuff out, and beyond worpress, the interweb maker/gods hate me. :/ *sigh* love your blog tho! Especially the new look!