Tuesday, February 8, 2011

Mustache on a Stick Tutorial

Have I mentioned to you how lazy of a crafter I am?
I have?
hmmmm

What about how much I love the glue gun?
Oh...that too?

Well then, this tutorial shouldn't come that much a shock then...


Time: 5 minutes
Difficulty: A baby could do it...don't give a baby a glue gun though...bad idea.
Cost: Less than a dollar


Materials:
Felt
Scissors
Stuffing
Scissors
Stick
Hot Glue Gun

Step 1: Cut out the Mustache
I freehanded my mustache, because, frankly, I'm cool like that. To get it even, I folded it in half, and cut. I then place the two pieces of felt together to cut my second piece (you need two of the same size...see?)



Step 2: Glue the Mustache
Grab the glue gun (softly...don't go roughing up the glue gun). And glue the corner first, then attach the stick (with plenty of glue...), and then glue the rest of the top. Stuff in your stuffing, and glue the bottom shut. Cut off any loose stuffing/glue

Step 3: Act like an idiot. 
There are plenty of ways to do this. In the store...at home...in the car as you pick up your kids from school. The possibilities are endless. If I were you, I would create a mustache for every mood. Your kids will know you mean business when the "angry stache" comes out.


Don't like the mustache?
Take it up with Tom Selleck.
Or for you girly women (or men) out there, 
you can maybe make a heart on a stick
Because stabbing a stick through a felt heart is uber romantic

Oh Valentines Day...
Post a Comment