Sunday, March 6, 2011

Sunday Features #2



Oh how I wish that the sewing machine didn't scare me so much, because this clutch by The Girl Creative is adorable. I love the black and yellow, and I love how it looks like a letter envelope.  

My husband loves Japan more than any person should...has he been there? No. But I would put 10 bucks on the fact that he would love these fake Cherry Blossoms by Cat on a Limb. 
IMG_4914

I absolutely love this headband. The colors. The checkered pattern. The roses. Check out over at Made it on Monday. Also, I love the color of her camera...so awesome. 
2011-02-26 044

I love this little Owl Softie Book End! You'll never guess what's inside... okay, maybe you will, but I didn't so, so give me a break! Check it out over at 2 & Through

Now I'm off to make the cookies that I forgot about before Church starts...
Let's just hope I don't burn them (a girl can dream, can't she?)

9 comments:

nicolette {momnivores dilemma} said...

thanks for sharing these...

Terri said...

Don't let the sewing machine intimidate you. Go and sew and if it doesn't turn out like you want it to, then don't show it to anybody! That's my philosophy. Anyway, most people are completely in awe of anyone who tries, and actually makes something, regardless of how it turns out. I always find some fault with my own work, but my SILs don't sew, and they are always impressed with my stuff. So sew!

Rissa @ Hazel and Honeysuckle said...

That owl bookend is TOO CUTE! So is that headband! Thanks for sharing!

Katie said...

Start with a more basic and really detailed tutorial. So you can get comfortable with the machine. If you can figure out crochet, you can sew. As my sister always says, "ANYONE can sew a straight line".

Catherine @ Cat on a Limb said...

Awesome projects! Thanks so much for the feature!

Jill said...

Thank you so much for featuring my headband! And totally don't be afraid of your sewing machine!!! If you're wanting some help, I recently did a series on sewing basics to help people be more comfortable with their machines, following patterns, etc.

Shelley said...

My sewing machine scares me too! I don't know why, but that thing intimidates the heck out of me! LOL I seriously need to get over this fear.....when learn how, let me know! :) My mom came over while I was preggo with my daughter and sewed all of her nursery stuff - bedding, curtains, etc and I've STILL not gotten the nerve to sew anything! (big sigh)
I need to post all of it too on my blog, but just haven't but I think I'll make myself a note to do that very soon. The black & yellow clutch is just too cute!

Shelley
shelleymace21@gmail.com
http://carleys-closet.blogspot.com

Colette said...

thank you for sharing my owl tutorial! & I second (or third?) to not be afraid of your machine. 90% of the time, i have no clue what I'm doing & it somehow ends up working out.

Becca said...

You can come over sometime and I'll help you sew the clutch or something else. I would go to craft night but sometimes its hard with the baby. - Becca